Biotechnology Process Engineering Associate in South S.F. Here is a link to the posting.
And here is some more information about the first job listed:
Biomanufacturing positions open!
We are recruiting for multiple position openings for Biotechnology Process Engineering Associates! This position is temporary-to-hire with our client located in South San Francisco. This position is a M-F day shift, though flexibility is required to work off-shift or weekends on occasion. Ideal candidates will have post academic experience in industry, or relevant internships.
· Perform routine pilot operations, execute experiment plan and monitor processes to ensure consistency and reliability.
· Setup, operation and routine maintenance of unit operations for pilot scale fermentation and downstream processing.
· Medium preparation.
· Fermentor setup and maintenance, and operation
· Sampling and sample analysis.
· Fermentation product recovery.
· Downstream process evaluations
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Participate actively in fermentation process development to improve process robustness and performance.
· Maintains timely documentation of laboratory work including the preparation of lab reports.
· AA degree or BS in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering or a related field. Associate Degree with relevant experience by be substituted.
· Minimum1+ year of experience with a proven track record of accomplishments, preferably in bio-industrial, or life sciences. Academic experience may qualify if it is above and beyond course curriculum.
· Experience with fermentor operations, fermentation medium preparation and development and fermentation control system and software.
· Experience with fermentation product analytical method and recovery desired, preferably in developing and validating industrial bio-products.
· Basic understanding of microbial metabolism and nutritional requirements
· Proficiency with MS Office suite.
Interested and qualified candidates, please forward your resume for immediate consideration to:
Cheryl Heinla, Senior Recruiter