Here is an excellent article that captures the mission and the accomplishments of Urban Tilth.
We are so glad to be working with this amazing organization to study the microbiome of North Richmond Farm’s soil as it is developed into an ever-more productive ecosystem to feed the people of Richmond!
This is a fabulous article by the New York Times
We learn about all of this in CCC’s biotech program, and you’ll learn to actually do a lot of it in our lab courses!
I subscribe to a few services that send tens of new job postings every week. I review them all to create this curated list of jobs a recent college graduate would be able to secure, provided they have some biotechnology training.
Positions requiring an Associates Degree (12 so far this semester)
Positions Requiring a Bachelors Degree (20 so far this semester)
Biotechnology Process Engineering Associate in South S.F. Here is a link to the posting.
Two USDA Lab Technician Jobs:
One is in Albany
The other is in Parlier
To land those jobs, check out some great resources provided by BioLink
And here is some more information about the first job listed:
Biomanufacturing positions open!
We are recruiting for multiple position openings for Biotechnology Process Engineering Associates! This position is temporary-to-hire with our client located in South San Francisco. This position is a M-F day shift, though flexibility is required to work off-shift or weekends on occasion. Ideal candidates will have post academic experience in industry, or relevant internships.
· Perform routine pilot operations, execute experiment plan and monitor processes to ensure consistency and reliability.
· Setup, operation and routine maintenance of unit operations for pilot scale fermentation and downstream processing.
· Medium preparation.
· Fermentor setup and maintenance, and operation
· Sampling and sample analysis.
· Fermentation product recovery.
· Downstream process evaluations
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Participate actively in fermentation process development to improve process robustness and performance.
· Maintains timely documentation of laboratory work including the preparation of lab reports.
· AA degree or BS in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering or a related field. Associate Degree with relevant experience by be substituted.
· Minimum1+ year of experience with a proven track record of accomplishments, preferably in bio-industrial, or life sciences. Academic experience may qualify if it is above and beyond course curriculum.
· Experience with fermentor operations, fermentation medium preparation and development and fermentation control system and software.
· Experience with fermentation product analytical method and recovery desired, preferably in developing and validating industrial bio-products.
· Basic understanding of microbial metabolism and nutritional requirements
· Proficiency with MS Office suite.
Interested and qualified candidates, please forward your resume for immediate consideration to:
Cheryl Heinla, Senior Recruiter